Selling a business is a significant liquidity event that requires complex planning in various areas, such as business valuation, attracting the right buyers, tax planning, and post-sale wealth management.
Moreover, given the current market conditions, long-time business owners might wonder: Is the timing right to sell a business?
In this episode, Kevin Kaylakie speaks with Jack Selman, partner at Selman Munson & Lerner P.C., about pre-liquidity planning in the current M&A landscape and how entrepreneurs can optimize their exit strategy.
Kevin and Jack discuss:
- ”01:38” The “Great Wealth Transfer” and the rise of private equity
- ”06:12” Biggest reasons why family businesses are motivated to sell
- ”07:16” How to value a business (and different types of buyers to consider)
- ”19:56” Two action steps that Jack suggests based on his past M&A transactions
- And more
Connect With Jack Selman:
Connect With SineCera Capital:
- Email: Kevin Kaylakie
- Email: Connee Sullivan
- Email: Adam Packer
- Contact SineCera Capital
- (512) 980-4600
- SineCera Capital
- LinkedIn: Kevin Kaylakie
- LinkedIn: Connee Sullivan
- LinkedIn: Adam Packer
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed