The labyrinth of estate planning involves navigating goals, assets, taxes, investments, and the future. Flexibility is key.
In this episode, Kevin Kaylakie is joined by Doug Paul of McGinnis Lochridge law firm. Doug shares several tax planning tools you can apply to your estate plan. He also explains why he believes this is the golden period of estate planning and how potential changes from Congress will impact the future of estate planning.
- ”02:52” The most common questions he hears about estate planning
- ”06:47” Simple tax planning tools and techniques such as donor advised funds and qualified charitable distributions (QCD)
- ”14:15” More complex tax planning tools like Roth IRA conversions
- ”20:35” What it means when people are getting assets out of their estate
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships or LLCs
- And more
Connect With Doug Paul:
Connect With SineCera Capital:
- (512) 980-4600
- SineCera Capital
- LinkedIn: Kevin Kaylakie
- LinkedIn: Connee Sullivan
- LinkedIn: Adam Packer
About Our Guest:
Doug focuses his practice on estate planning through the use of trusts, family business entities, and life insurance. His experience includes charitable planning, asset protection planning, and planning to mitigate transfer tax and income tax. He is an expert in charitable planning, asset protection planning, and planning for mitigation of transfer tax and income tax.
Doug is a frequent speaker at various estate planning organizations and associations including: Austin Financial Planners Association, Texas Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Victoria Estate Planning Council, and the National Business Institute-CPA/CLE, Austin Chapter of CPAs.